[cp-patches] RFA: JMenu Constructor Regressions

Tania Bento tbento at redhat.com
Wed Jun 21 13:32:50 UTC 2006


Hey,

For some reason when I did a CVS diff to create the patch for these
changes, the change I made to BasicPopupMenuUI.java wasn't included.  I
only realized this afterwards.  Again, this change was due to the mauve
test I created (getPopUPMenu.java) that I have already committed.  Below
is the changelog entry for this change.  When someone approves this
patch, I'll combine the two changelog entries when I commit it. Thanks.

Here's the changelog entry:

2006-06-21  Tania Bento  <tbento at redhat.com>

	*javax/swing/plaf/basic/BasicPopupMenu.UI.java
	(popupMenuWillBecomeVisible): Component Listener should only
	be added to the root container if the root container is not 
	null. This avoids a null pointer exception.

Cheers,
Tania

On Tue, 2006-06-20 at 16:53 -0400, Tania Bento wrote:
> Sorry, forgot to mention that these specific changes are due to the
> getPopUpMenu.java mauve test I just committed.
> 
> Tania
> 
> On Tue, 2006-06-20 at 16:52 -0400, Tania Bento wrote:
> > Hey,
> > 
> > I have written a test for all of JMenu's constructors and found many
> > constructor regressions.  This patches fixes all of them.  Could someone
> > please approve this patch so that I may commit it.  Thanks.
> > 
> > Here's the Changelog entry:
> > 
> > 2006-06-20  Tania Bento  <tbento at redhat.com>
> > 
> >         * javax/swing/JMenu.java
> >         Changed instantiation of popupMenu to null.
> >         (JMenu): Instantiated popupMenu to new JPopupMenu.
> >         (JMenu): Instantiated popupMenu to new JPopupMenu.
> >         (add): Changed popupMenu to getPopupMenu().
> >         (add): Changed popupMenu to getPopupMenu().
> >         (add): Changed popupMenu to getPopupMenu().
> >         (add): Changed popupMenu to getPopupMenu().
> >         (remove): Changed popupMenu to getPopupMenu().
> >         (remove): Changed popupMenu to getPopupMenu().
> >         (insert): Changed popupMenu to getPopupMenu().
> >         (setSelectedHelper): Changed popupMenu to getPopupMenu().
> >         (isPopupMenuVisible): Changed popupMenu to getPopupMenu().
> >         (setPopupMenuVisible): Changed popupMenu to getPopupMenu().
> >         (getMenuComponentCount): Changed popupMenu to getPopupMenu().
> >         (getMenuComponents): Changed popupMenu to getPopupMenu().
> >         (getPopupMenu): Check first if popupMenu is null and if so,
> >         instantiate it to a new JPopupMenu and set the invoker.
> > 
> 
> 
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: patch.diff
Type: text/x-patch
Size: 1138 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://developer.classpath.org/pipermail/classpath-patches/attachments/20060621/456eedcb/patch.bin


More information about the Classpath-patches mailing list