Accessibility crash

Sven de Marothy sven at physto.se
Wed Aug 16 17:04:51 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-16 at 13:49 +0200, Mario Torre wrote:
> Do we have known issues with classpath and accessibility on linux?

You're talking about Classpath + GTK with GTK's accessibility turned on,
right? IIRC, Robert Schuster had reported this before.

Simple answer is that it's a threading issue. I don't know the cause,
but I think it's most likely that the crashes are due to trying to use
xlib from different threads at the same time, and that the hangs are
deadlocks. (Although xlib can also sometimes hang instead of crash on
threading errors too.)

You didn't happen to see any "Xlib: unexpected async reply" messages
or similar? It's a popular message when your threading causes xlib
to crash.

/Sven