jMemorize - exception in JTable code: Fixed, but JFreeChart internal problem follows.

Roman Kennke kennke at aicas.com
Fri Mar 31 13:55:16 UTC 2006

Hi Robert,

> I am not sure where this comes from but I find that our Free Swing apps look
> very neat. Is there something special with our fonts?!?

Yes. In constrast to Sun's JDK, we use the system fonts and the system
font settings, which is normally antialiased and optimized for LCD when
running on lcd screen. Sun paints its fonts un-anti-aliased thus looks
quite bad. However, you can turn on font-antialiasing using the
RenderingHints class. It's a bit tricky to do this application wide
though... (on the downside, I think classpath ignores the RenderingHints
altogether).

/Roman