HTTPS/SSL problem

Robert Schuster theBohemian at gmx.net
Thu Jul 17 20:35:04 UTC 2008

Hi,
a classpath user reported a problem with SSL on the jalimo list.

When connecting to a server through HTTPS/SSL he gets:

java.io.EOFException
   at
gnu.javax.net.ssl.provider.SSLSocketImpl.doHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:445)
   at
gnu.javax.net.ssl.provider.SSLSocketImpl$SocketOutputStream.write(SSLSocketImpl.java:91)
   at java.io.OutputStream.write(OutputStream.java:86)

This is caused from SSLSocketImpl.java line 445:

int i = sockIn.read();
if (i == -1)
throw new EOFException();

Now my question is: What can be the reason that the other side closed
the connection (at least I assume that is the case, when sockIn.read()
return -1) What is the best way to debug this?

Has anyone successfully connected to an HTTPS/SSL server using GNU
Classpath already?

Regards
Robert